How to register for classes
using the SAIL Student Portal
Barring no holds on your student account, new students who have been admitted to the University and have 30+ transferable college credit hours can register for classes once registration opens. (NOTE: If you are a freshman, you will be prohibited from registering for classes prior to attending New Student Orientation.)
Course registration is coordinated through the Office of the Registrar. Should you experience any difficulty registering for classes, please contact their offices at 361.825.7024 for immediate assistance.
Logging into SAIL
- Log on to http://sail.tamucc.edu.
- Click the Login to Student Services link located in the right hand column.
- Enter your Student ID and PIN. If you are a new student, your PIN is your birth date in the format of MMDDYY. Click the Login button.
Registering for classes
You should be logged in now, and at the main menu:
- Click the Student tab.
- Click on the Registration link.
- Click on Add or Drop Classes link.
- Select the term you would like to register for from the drop-down menu and click the Submit button.
- In the spaces provided, enter the 5-digit Call Number (CRN) for each class you would like to add to your schedule. (NOTE: The Call Number (CRN) for each course is located in the Call Number (CRN) column of the class schedule.)
- Once you have entered the Call Numbers for all courses you desire to take for that semester, click on Submit Changes.
Other helpful links