Information Regarding Online Orientation
Orientation is a program designed for incoming students at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi, and reflects the University’s collective effort to provide care and instruction to admitted students that will facilitate their transition to and continued retention at the Island University. In addition to aiding their transition, the program also serves to prepare new students for educational opportunities, build awareness of student services, and introduce the rich diversity of their academic environment. Online orientation is required in order for you to receive key information important to your future success at A&M-Corpus Christi. The online orientation is designed for Transfer Students only. Freshmen are required to attend an in-person orientation session.
Before you get started:
Students must be admitted to the University, and permitted into the online orientation module through Blackboard. Before you get started:
- Review Blackboard Technical Requirements here
- Activate your Island ID. Newly admitted students will need to claim their Island ID. An Island ID and password are necessary to sign into most University resources. Go to here, and click on “New User”. You will need to have your Student ID Number (A00000000) ready, which should have been provided in your university acceptance letter. After clicking the button, follow the steps that are given. Please note: You will be prompted to enter your “Account Recovery Info,” which is necessary to change or reset your password in the future. Be sure to enter the requested information.
- Make sure you are able to access your Islander email account here ,you will be notified through your Islander email account when the online orientation is available for your review.
- When accessing Blackboard, you may find that Google Chrome (web browser) works best. You can download Chrome here
Accessing the online orientation:
- Use your Island ID and password to access Blackboard- Click here
- Transfer Student Online Orientation
- Complete the online orientation. Please keep in mind that some items may not pertain to you personally, i.e. International Student or Veteran Student information.
- Your participation is monitored; therefore, please complete the course as soon as possible, including the short quiz.
We appreciate your feedback!
Please send your comments, suggestions, and/or questions to Rachel.Kirk@tamucc.edu